Monday, August 10, 2009

बाबा बोर्हेस

कविता लिखने के उतने तरीक़े, गुण-धर्म या सिद्धांत हो सकते हैं, जितना कि दुनिया-भर में कवि.

Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire.

Every time I'm faced with a blank page, I feel that I have to rediscover literature for myself. I have given a major part of my life to literature and I can offer you only doubts.

5 comments:

naveen kumar naithani said...

सवेरे बोर्हेस को देख कर तबियत खुश हो गयी.यह भी एक बोर्हियन समय है कि इन दिनों मैं उनकी कहानी Gospel according to Mark के सम्मोहन में हूं.

azdak said...

"Every time I'm faced with a blank page, I feel that I have to rediscover literature for myself. I have given a major part of my life to literature and I can offer you only doubts."

see, these r the lines Baba straightway stole from me and claims to be his own! and above all that u believe in such fairy tales!

डॉ .अनुराग said...

ओर सोचिये कितने लोग बिना कोई किताब पढ़े पूरी जिंदगी गुजार जाते है .बिना ये जाने की उन्होंने क्या खोया ?

प्रदीप कांत said...

Every time I'm faced with a blank page, I feel that I have to rediscover literature for myself.

..........

Yes, it has to be done always

giriraj kiradoo said...

We are such stuff as dreams are made of, said Shakespeare.The constantly derivative Borges (one writer whose entire writing is impossible without other writers, and if I could speak like him, a librarian in a writer's guise)makes two changes here: the plural 'we' is replaced by 'I'and stuff is substance. Now that 'I' is dead, is the substance also dead?

Or its I that is dead, Borges is alive :)

Nice post.